Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fabric Storage Bin

Here's a quick project that's fun to make and so easy. I have a couple of denim fabric bins in my sewing room that I made ages ago from old jeans and I needed some more to keep my interfacing scraps.

It may not appear so in the photos but it's pretty big. The plain fabric is home deco quality and the floral is cotton. I interfaced both of them but once it was made I really regretted not adding some batting for more stability.

If you'd like to make some you can find the tutorial HERE.


The top can be folded down for a different look and the bin is also reversible for a different look.


I will be making more of these in different sizes but I'll add batting next time.


Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog! I'd love to get a copy of your wallet tutorial, can't find it here on your blog yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Unfortunately you are on 'noreply' so I couldn't answer you personally. If you see this reply please send me your email so I can get in touch. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Nice storage bin Maria. You could even make the bins of of patchwork and use up more scraps of fabric, interfacing and fabric too, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, Maria - is it regular quilting type cotton and that's why you want to add batting to it? I love making baskets - you can use them for almost anything! I have a big one in my front hall to hold all the stuff I keep losing - my watch, my glasses and sunglasses, my keys, my walking keychain, the book I take when I go on the bus - if I don't put them in the basket I tend to leave them all over the house, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! One can never have too many fabric baskets!! I am obsessed with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice storage box, thank you for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, I have to do one like that..... will be practical to put my yarnl, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~