Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Newest Wallet In Time For Mothers Day.


I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get loads of fabric and sewing goodies as gifts. Roses and chocolates wouldn't go amiss either.

On Friday I took the day off making orders and decided I needed a new wallet. Not like the ones I normally make but a new style.

I'm a new follower of Yayi's blog at De Todo Un Poco. It's in Spanish but can be translated. Yayi has the most beautiful creations and loads of lovely tutorials. This wallet was from one of those tutorials. If you click on her blog link above just go to the bottom of the post which will give you the link to the tutorial which is in two parts.

Here's my new wallet. I'd bought this floral fabric about three years ago and finished it then I couldn't find any more but my daughter came to the rescue and found it for me. She got me two meters but I'm going to ask her to buy some more.
My machine didn't do too well on the closure tab. Next time I'll have to either sew it by hand or sew it on my industrial machine.

I've also been thinking of making one without all the binding but that's for another Friday when I need a break. If I do make it with binding then I'll have to choose a thinner fabric. This green one was a bit bulky for a wallet.


This wallet has room for 20 cards.



A zipper pocket for change. I put my zipper in the wrong way round to the tutorial but it's still easy to use like this.



And a larger slip pocket for notes.



 I left the tab a little loose because I have a habit of stuffing my wallets so I won't have any trouble closing this one.



Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. Preciosa María, me encanta el acolchado en rosa y con curvas entrelazadas!
    Casi no tengo tiempo a pasarme por todos los blogs que me encantan, estoy intentando ponerme al día, pero mi baby es un terremoto, jejé, y apenas me deja tiempo libre.
    Un abrazo desde Galicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Maria! Beautiful wallet. It holds so much it's like a little book. I bet you could convert the wallet into a needle book to hold packages of needles, loose needles by adding a page of felt, and make one large pocket or 2 pockets instead of those other credit card pockets. The zippered pocket could hold your thimble and small scissors. Glad your daughter found you more fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wallet is beautiful - I love that pink floral print - so pretty and feminine - no wonder it's a favourite of yours :) Next time buy the bolt - I've been starting to think of doing that with the tone on tone prints I use the most, lol! Your binding is fabulous - I run far far away from projects that need binding - mine always looks terrible! I'll check out Yayi's site - thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wallet is beautiful - I love that pink floral print - so pretty and feminine - no wonder it's a favourite of yours :) Next time buy the bolt - I've been starting to think of doing that with the tone on tone prints I use the most, lol! Your binding is fabulous - I run far far away from projects that need binding - mine always looks terrible! I'll check out Yayi's site - thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely fabrics, Maria!
    Perfect for this wonderful new Wallte!
    Thank you for showing us!
    Happy new week,
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria.
    I was very nice!. Glad to know that you served my tutorial.
    Here's a tutorial to do the tissue holder:
    http://cositasderoci.blogspot.com.es/2011/10/tutorial-porta-panuelos-japones.html
    Happy weekend.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~