Friday, September 18, 2015

The Layla Bag

What a wonderful bag designed by Sarah Gido of Cosy Nest Designs, the Layla Bag is just gorgeous with those lovely shiny handles.

Every time I test a bag for Sarah I am amazed at how her mind works. Not only are her designs beautiful and unique but the way she puts them together I just can't put into words, she's amazing.

Here's mine.
Sarah sent her testers these lovely metal handles, just waiting for them to arrive was so exciting.
This wasn't a difficult bag to make it's just that it involved some new techniques I hadn't done before. Once you've made one the rest will be much easier.
The places I did get stuck Sarah was wonderful at helping me out.


 Aren't these handles just gorgeous and if you want free hands then Layla has a removable shoulder strap.




This is one of my mistakes and a silly one too. For some reason I cut my gusset too short so instead of cutting out another one I decided to add a piece of red like the lining to the bottom and turned it into a feature.


This is the inside of the bag. Terrible photo I know. It's surprisingly roomy, perfect for the essentials you need for a shopping trip.


Layla measures approx  14 1/2 W x 6 3/4 H (not incl. handles) x 3 1/2"D. Inside is a zipper pocket and the main closure has a zipper too so everything is nice and secure.




All the testers did an amazing job and the results were just gorgeous. You can see their bags HERE I have to say though that out of all the bags everyone made Sarah's were the nicest.

Even if you only ever make this bag once you have to try it but I'm sure you'll want to make more after the first. You can find the pattern HERE on Craftsy and Janelle from Emmaline Bags is supplying the handles which you can find HERE.

It was a pleasure to test this bag and I look forward to finding some time to make another. I guess in the end the most difficult part is deciding which fabrics to use.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Sewing.

~ Maria ~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    another lovely bag ( not my kind of bag, but beautiful done!)
    Happy sewing day,
    Hugs, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bag and yours is gorgeous. I bought extra handles so more of them are on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice bag and the handles are interesting too. I love your "goof" I mean design element! That's how we discover some fun ways to do things by making mistakes and then ending up really liking the mistakes that we do it again on purpose, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! It was a fun bag to make and your design element was perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~